Principal

 TECHNICAL EDUCATIONAL  INSTITUTION OF COMMERCE VIRGINIA GÓMEZ   

CIENAGA - MAGDALENA- 2026

TEACHER: CARMEN ESCOBAR ACOSTA                             AREA:     ENGLISH

NAME_______________________           GRADE 7th         DATE_________





EL PASADO CONTINUO SE UTILIZA PARA ACCIONES QUE ESTABAN PASANDO EN UN MOMENTO ESPECÍFICO EN EL PASADO. PARA FORMAR EL PASADO CONTINUO SE UTILIZA EL VERBO AUXILIAR “TO BE” EN PASADO  Y EL VERBO+ING.

 PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE:

CUANDO EXISTE UNA ACCIÒN QUE SE INTERUMPE O MODIFICA CON
 OTRA 
EXAMPLE: ANA CAME WHEN I WAS SLEEPING

AFFIRMATIVE SENTENCES

SUBJECT + WAS/WERE + VERB + ING+COMPLEMENT


EXAMPLE:


I was sleeping in my bedroom(Estaba durmiendo.)

He was writing my notes(Estaba escribiendo mis apuntes)

They were speaking french(Estaban hablando.)

NEGATIVE SENTENCES

SUBJECT + WAS/WERE NOT + VERB + ING+COMPLEMENT

EXAMPLE :

I was not  sleeping in my bedroom.( No estaba durmiendo.)

He was  not writing my notes .(Él no estaba corriendo.)

They were  not speaking french.(Ellos no estaban hablando.)

INTERROGATIVE SENTENCES 

WAS /WERE+ SUBJECT + VERB + ING?

Was he sleeping yesterday at 8 am? (¿Estaba durmiendo ayer a las 8 am?)

Respuestas cortas:
Yes, he was. / No, he wasn’t.

-Were they wearing blue jackets on saturday

 Saturday? 

(¿Estaban vistiendo chaquetas azules sàbado

Respuestas cortas:

Yes, we were. / No, we weren’t

USE

El pasado continuo se utiliza en varias situaciones: 

1-Para describir una acción que estaba ocurriendo en

 un momento concreto del pasado: I was reading a book at eight o'clock last night.

2-Para hablar de dos o más acciones que estaban

ocurriendo simultáneamente: She was singing while hewas playing the guitar.

3-Para establecer el contexto en una historia: It was

 raining, and the wind was howling.

4-Para mostrar que una acción fue interrumpida por otra:

 I was walking to work when I met John.

-I was reading a book when the phone rang.

-They were watching a movie at the theater yesterday.

-She was cooking dinner while he was setting the table.









No comments:

Post a Comment